Maine Restaurant Week and Bayside Bowl present "BOWL BIG!" This Baker Style bowling tournament is set for Sunday, March 2 from 2pm - 5pm. Teams of four will be paired with a local restaurant professional. |
The big idea is to have fun bowling, meeting new people, and raise some money for Big Brothers Big Sisters. And of course to get out during Maine Restaurant Week and celebrate the incredible people of our statewide restaurant community.
Here's how it works:
1) Register your team of four now by paying with a credit card. (a total of 23 teams)
2) Go to Bayside Bowl to practice, a lot!
3) Arrive with your teammates on Sunday, March 2, prepared to bowl and sample a tasty spread prepared by the kitchen at Bayside Bowl for all the competitors.
This will be a ton of fun. Get in on the action by registering your team now.
Note on Baker style play:
- Players simply alternate with their partners. That is, rather than a typical league format in which you and your teammates each bowl 10 frames and your team score is the sum of each individual score, your entire team will combine to bowl 10 frames in a Baker match. So on a five person team (Four teammates plus one local restaurant luminary), player 1 bowls the first and sixth frames. Player 2 bowls frames 2 and 7. And so on.
- At BOWL BIG!, EACH team will bowl AT LEAST two baker's tournament games.
All of the proceeds from BOWL BIG! will go to Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Bayside Bowl (View)
58 Alder Street
Portland, ME 04101
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|